Continuum Recovery Center of Colorado knows that successful social reintegration is a top priority for many addicts today. With us providing continuous guidance, support, treatment, and mental conditioning, we are creating opportunities for all in our care. Here, our team customizes treatment plans and takes the stress out of alcohol recovery in Denver.
How addiction works
Chemical substances such as alcohol can alter the neurotransmitters of the brain. These are the messaging agents responsible for transmitting signals that regulate our emotions, thought processes, and behavior. The presence of alcohol in the blood compromises both neurotransmitters (excitatory and inhibitory).
Addiction may have several precursory factors, for example, developmental challenges, genetics, and trauma playing a role. Since the basis of origin may involve one or multiple premorbidity elements, our team employs precise methodologies to determine the source. In our practice, we leverage storytelling as a tool to build trust relationships.
Holistic treatment for addiction
Our role is to help sufferers acknowledge their drinking problem, take accountability, and guide them to sustainable rehabilitation. While providing tools, resources, and a support system to help them achieve alcohol recovery in Denver, we are encouraging self-sufficiency. With our integrated treatment approach, our team addresses all underlying influences of addiction, including mental health disorders
Some common mental health issues accompanying addiction include:
- Bipolar disorders
Alcohol recovery treatment methods
Our rehab program relies on a variety of procedures, including:
- Holistic Addiction Treatment – We utilize a variety of proven alternative therapeutic interventions to recondition the mind, soul, and body. A sampling includes fitness coaching, acupuncture, yoga, music/art therapy, and mindfulness meditation.
- Comprehensive Day Treatment – This is perfect for high-functioning addicts leading busy lives and those reintegrating into society. The primary treatment models our clinicians incorporate here are family therapy, individual counseling, and support groups.
- Intensive Outpatient Treatment – We employ a system of applications here, including nutrition counseling, continuing education, family/individual/group therapy, meditation, substance abuse dependency evaluation, and behavioral/mental health assessment.
- Outpatient Treatment – This therapy is for individuals whose addiction is under control and who demonstrate a commitment to recovery.
- Medication-Assisted Treatment – We often prescribe detoxification medications such as acamprosate, disulfiram, or naltrexone to counteract it. We use these medications to alleviate the effects of withdrawal, which sometimes manifest as anger, depression, irritability, and so forth.
Also, our rehab provides long-term aftercare solutions and DUI education/therapy.
How to remain sober after rehab?
Our training equips addicts with critical coping skills to curb substance abuse cravings and overcome urges. What’s more, our strategic outpatient programs leverage social experimenting as a tool to help these addicts navigate real-world challenges.
- Family education
- Relapse prevention measures
- Improve decision-making skills
- Healthy stress management techniques
- Relationship-building strategies
- Impulse control conditioning
- Effective communication
- Tracking lifestyle improvements
- Understanding the effects of addiction on the brain
- Managing withdrawal symptoms
- Unlearning unhealthy habits to stop the progression of alcohol addiction
Want to start alcohol recovery in Denver today? Visit Continuum Recovery Center of Colorado website or phone us at (844) 901 – 3066 for more information. We have our online addiction recovery admissions counselors ready to help.