Where is Continuum Recovery Center of Colorado located?
Continuum Recovery Center of Colorado offices are located at 9725 E. Hampden Ave, Denver, CO 80231. Our office is on the third floor in suite 308. We are north of the Denver Tech Center. Our cross streets are East Hampden Avenue and South Dayton Street, across Hampden Avenue from Walmart.
What does Continuum Recovery Center of Colorado treat?
Visit our “What We Treat” page here to learn more about what we treat at Continuum Recovery Center of Colorado.
What services does Continuum Recovery Center of Colorado offer?
- Intensive Outpatient Program (IOP): Intensive Outpatient involves nine hours of substance abuse treatment a week, provided through three weekly groups. This level of treatment is typically appropriate if the client has less than three months of sobriety, lacks coping skills, or has never been through treatment. Holistic services are woven into treatment every group for one hour where clients practice yoga, meditation, mindfulness, exercise, acupuncture, art therapy, music therapy and more!
- General Outpatient Program (GOP): General Outpatient treatment involves less than nine hours of substance abuse treatment per week. This level of treatment is typically appropriate if the client has over three months of sobriety in an uncontrolled environment, has experience with treatment, or has sustained recovery, including coping skills and sober supports, etc. Groups being offered for the General Outpatient program include Relapse prevention and Women Healing Women with holistic services being working into each of the groups.
- DUI Education & Therapy courses (Level I, II and II 4+): Our DUI classes in Denver are provided for those who are either mandated to attend such therapy or those who willingly desire to participate. All DUI classes that we offer are taught by certified addiction counselors and approved treatment providers. These individuals will assist in guiding you through the DUI process. Working closely with patients and their loved ones, our DUI education therapy in Colorado focuses on physical, emotional, and spiritual wellness through comprehensive alcohol addiction treatment. We follow state standards so that all of the information obtained during our DUI classes allows clients to set themselves up for success in the future. Level I is 12 hours of education, Level II has 12 weeks of 2-hour education groups and then you transfer into Therapy and have a minimum 24 weeks of 2-hour therapy groups. Level II 4+ consists of 18 months of attendance with a minimum of 180 hours of treatment. Clients are encouraged to participate in group and individual counseling sessions to address all presenting mental health and addiction needs. If you do have insurance, we can bill your insurance for the therapy portion of your DUI treatment.
- Family Education & Therapy: Drug abuse and alcohol addiction affect the family on many levels. Addictive behaviors can run through generations and, left untreated, leave family members at risk for years. Family can also bring about environmental factors in the development of these behavioral health conditions, without even knowing. Unhealthy communication and coping mechanisms can be one of the reasons why addiction starts, remains and decays the family dynamic. At Continuum Recovery, we focus on bridging the gap, opening communication levels and fixing family strain which are the main components of family therapy.
- Medically Assisted Treatment (MAT Services): Medication-assisted treatment is the use of medications in combination with counseling and behavioral therapies, which is effective in the treatment of opioid and alcohol use disorders and can help some people to sustain recovery. Here at Continuum, we provide MAT services through Nurse Practitioners who are onsite weekly.
- Individual Therapy: Individual counseling is offered on an as needed basis and involves a number of modalities based on the clinician involved. Some of these modalities would include Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, Dialectical Behavioral Therapy, Gestalt, Reality, and EMDR.
What is EMDR therapy?
EMDR stands for Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing. EMDR therapy is a phased, focused approach to treating trauma and other symptoms by reconnecting the traumatized person in a safe and measured way to the images, self-thoughts, emotions, and body sensations associated with the trauma, and allowing the natural healing powers of the brain to move toward adaptive resolution. Through EMDR, individuals safely reprocess traumatic information until it is no longer psychologically disruptive to their lives. Over time, exposure to traumatic memories will no longer induce negative feelings and distressing symptoms.
What will I learn in outpatient therapy?
Some of what you will learn to promote and support your sustained recovery, Include:
- Understanding the brain chemistry of addiction
- Progression of the disease of addiction
- Managing Post-Acute Withdrawal Symptoms (PAWS)
- Identifying triggers and learning healthy ways to deal with them
- Learning drug & alcohol refusal skills
- Techniques to manage urges and cravings
- Finding healthy ways to reduce stress
- Improving decision-making abilities
- Relapse prevention skills
- Creating healthy relationships
- Practicing effective communication
- Family education
- Stages of change
What are holistic services?
At Continuum Recovery Center of Colorado, we create flexible, comprehensive and effective healing modalities tailored to your unique needs. Our goal is to treat addiction, and help you build a positive, fulfilling life. Our current holistic services include meditation, yoga, light fitness, music therapy, art therapy, equine therapy, acupuncture and a number of emotional freedom techniques. Emotional Freedom Techniques are a form of counseling intervention that stimulates acupressure points by pressuring, tapping, or rubbing these points while focusing on situations that represent personal fear or trauma.
What levels of DUI Therapy and Education does Continuum Recovery Center of Colorado offer?
Visit our DUI Classes and Education page here to learn more!
What does dual diagnosis mean?
Dual diagnosis is the condition of suffering from a mental illness (like anxiety or depression) and a comorbid substance use disorder.
How do I get started?
The quickest way to get started is to call our admissions team at 844.901.3066 ext. 1. We will set you up in our Medical Records System and give you access to your patient portal where you can complete all of the required paperwork needed to enter treatment. Once your intake forms have been completed, we will schedule an intake assessment for you with one of our licensed therapists to understand your presenting issues and develop a personalized treatment plan. From there, you will be able to begin treatment the same day or next business day depending on the day of the week. The whole admissions process can be completed in 24-48 hours.
Do you accept other insurance providers?
We are currently in network with most insurance providers, including Blue Cross Blue Shield, Beacon, Cigna, Tricare, and Health First Colorado (Colorado’s Medicaid program). We also have in-network applications pending for Aetna and United Healthcare and work with all insurance companies that offer out of network benefits for outpatient substance abuse treatment.
What is an assessment?
An assessment is an evaluation conducted by therapists and/or counselors at the beginning of your treatment journey that will assess your current presenting issues, interpersonal relationships and any past trauma related to substance abuse and/or your mental health. Our experienced team takes the time to understand what makes you, you. We design tailored, distinctive, and holistic treatment plans for alcohol & drug treatment that meet you where you are, rather than taking a one-size-fits-all approach.
Is treatment offered in-person or virtually?
We currently offer in-person treatment and virtual sessions through Zoom. Flexibility is our keystone and we do things a little differently here. Our collaborative approach to addiction treatment means you’ll receive medical and clinical support, education, and life-balance skills to support you though this transition – regardless if you are in person at our facility or joining virtually. Our Denver treatment center is dedicated to one goal: helping you recover and getting you back to living your best life: active, vibrant, and purpose-driven.
Does Continuum Recovery Center of Colorado conduct drug tests?
Yes! Our patients are required to conduct regular comprehensive drug tests (saliva and urine tests) if enrolled in our IOP, GOP or DUI programs.
I don’t live close to Continuum Recovery Center of Colorado; can I still sign up?
Yes – we want to make sure we help everyone we can in the state of Colorado! If you live in a rural area or do not have access to an outpatient treatment program like ours due to lack of transportation, you can join all of our programs virtually via Zoom. Holistic services can still be received virtually If you do not reside in the state of Colorado, we would recommend sourcing a program in the same state you live in. If you need support finding another program, we are happy to help, please call 844.901.3066.
What sets Continuum Recovery Center of Colorado apart from other treatment centers?
As an outpatient drug rehab in Denver Colorado, our vision is to help individuals stop the cycle of abuse. But our vision goes deeper. We are a boutique drug rehab & treatment center that is loving, comforting, and compassionate to those suffering from the disease of addiction. Our highly-trained and compassionate treatment team of licensed therapists, doctors, nurses, and counselors take a 365-degree approach to treating your illness. With medical and clinical support, education, and life-balance skills, we’ll help you understand the root causes of your substance abuse progression, empower your recovery and well-being, and help you reclaim a life you love. Our outpatient addiction treatment services not only help you survive – but thrive! We integrate group and one-on-one therapy, fitness, nutrition, yoga, and other wellness modalities. Let us help you escape from the bondage of your current situation.