Just far enough away from the hustle and bustle of Denver to be an escape while remaining accessible, the scenic city of Aurora provides serenity. The area is filled with lush nature trails and astounding views of the Rocky Mountains. With a population of almost 400,000, Aurora is also not short on activities. Many people enjoy the city’s unique stores and local history museum. However, despite its charms, Aurora is not exempt from the nation’s growing drug addiction problem. Many residents struggle with substance use disorder and poor mental health. Thankfully, effective treatment options are available at Aurora drug rehab centers. These centers aim to help residents through every part of the recovery process—setting them up for a bright future.
Substance Abuse in Aurora, CO
It is no secret that addiction is a nationwide epidemic—a deadly one. The lethal effects of substance abuse have certainly been felt in Colorado. In 2016, there were 912 drug overdose deaths reported, raising the overdose death rate up to 83% from 2001. These substances range from opioids to methamphetamines to cocaine. Alcohol abuse also poses a huge issue within the state. In 2014, almost 15% of adult deaths in Colorado involved alcohol while 26,000 were arrested for DUIs.
Aurora in particular has lost many to drug-related deaths. Within the city are three counties: Adams, Douglas, and Arapahoe. Adams county had 92 people die from overdose in 2016. The same year, overdose deaths tripled in Douglas county while 488 people reportedly died from a drug overdose in Arapahoe county between 2013-2017. Due to these frightening statistics, it is imperative that those struggling with addiction look to Aurora drug rehab centers for help.
How Aurora Drug Rehab Centers are Addressing Addiction
Aurora recognizes the growing substance abuse problem brewing between the city’s limits and is taking action. From 2005 to 2015 almost 90,000 people in Colorado were admitted for addiction treatment—showing that people want help. That is why Aurora drug rehab centers are offering a wide range of treatments to provide these struggling individuals with many recovery options. At Continuum Recovery Center of Colorado, we understand that substance use disorder treatment is not one size fits all. We strive to provide specialized treatment to each unique individual that needs our help.
Programs Offered at Aurora Drug Rehab Centers
At Continuum Recovery Center of Colorado, treatment is offered in a variety of settings. With multiple comprehensive outpatient programs, patients will work alongside our professional staff in order to establish a treatment plan that is right for them and their circumstances. Though some people do not need to detox, programs are typically entered after a patient has successfully gone through the detoxification process. The following programs are offered:
- Partial Hospitalization Program (PHP): In this type of program, individuals receive treatment in a hospital or other medical setting. They attend the program daily and are there for the majority of the day. At night, they are able to return home or to a sober living facility. This is perfect for patients who are transitioning out of residential treatment but still need a high level of care.
- Intensive Outpatient Program (IOP): Though it has a lesser time commitment than a PHP, an IOP still provides patients with extensive treatment. Similar to a PHP, an IOP is often a step down from residential treatment. Additionally, it can be used as the main treatment program for those who still need to maintain personal and professional responsibilities. During this program, patients attend treatment 3-5 times a week for a portion of the day.
- Standard Outpatient Programs (OP): The least intensive level of outpatient care, this type of program is often a step down from a PHP or IOP. It can also be good for those with mild substance use disorder, those in the early stages of addiction, or as part of an aftercare plan. OPs typically meet a few times a week—sometimes only once—for a short period of time. These programs prepare patients for the future with career services, and a support network that encourages long-lasting sobriety
Therapy Types Available in Aurora, CO
Different types of therapy are offered at Aurora drug rehab centers in order to treat a person’s mind, body, and spirit. Additionally, these therapies allow individuals to improve the relationships they have with their families as well as establish a support network. Types of therapy practiced at Continuum Recovery Center of Colorado include:
- Eye movement desensitization and reprocessing therapy (EMDR). During this type of therapy, you focus on remembering a traumatic event and the feelings associated with it. The goal is to lessen those negative feelings or replace them with neutral emotions.
- Family education and therapy. In order to better or mend your relationship with your family, you will have to discuss your addiction openly with them. They need to know how they have affected your addiction just like you need to know how your addiction has impacted them.
- Medication-assisted treatment (MAT). Certain medications can lessen withdrawal symptoms and reduce cravings throughout recovery. It is an effective way to help you ease off of the substance(s) you are using. Some of these medications even alter the effect drugs and alcohol have on you.
- Holistic addiction treatment. Practicing holistic strategies such as yoga, meditation, and mindfulness improves your coping mechanisms and overall well-being.
- DUI education and therapy. These courses help you move forward from your DUI(s) through therapy as well as educate you on preventative measures.
- Individual therapy. This type of therapy allows you to focus on yourself, and the underlying causes of your addiction.
- Group therapy. You are not alone. Other people are also struggling with addiction. Establishing peer support is essential to your recovery as well as the recovery of those around you.
Drug Rehab in Aurora, CO
Now is the time to address your addiction problem. You are capable of recovery, all you have to do is seek the help you deserve. With outpatient treatment options that include a variety of constructive therapies, Continuum Recovery Center of Colorado is ready to get you through the recovery process smoothly and safely. Our qualified team will be there for you every step of the way—ensuring you are set up for a successful future. To reclaim your life, call Continuum Recovery Center of Colorado or visit our contact form today.